Student information for the 2018 Academic Year
Dear New Student,
INFORMATION FOR THE 2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
We are thrilled that you will be joining us as a new student for the 2018 academic year and trust that you are filled with excitement at the prospect of studying Theology at the Bible Institute! This letter serves to provide you with some important information regarding your studies here.
- Registration and Orientation
Registration of all students takes place on Monday 22nd January 2018 at 14:00 at the college where you are to see the Registrar to register for the first semester. The orientation camp will take place from Tuesday 26th to Friday 29th January. This camp will be held at the Rotary Youth Campsite in Glencairn, which is close to the college. Please note that attendance at the camp and participation in all events is compulsory for all students.
Foreign students must be in possession of a valid study visa in order to register. Please do not arrive without your visa, a copy of which must be submitted to the Registrar upon registration. Please take note of the conditions under which your study visa was issued and adhere to them.
- Entrance into Student Residences
The student residences will be open for all residential students from Friday 19th January. The Monday to Friday lunch meal, however, will only be provided from Thursday 28th January, after the return from the orientation camp.
- Student Handbook
Please read the Student Handbook as it contains up-to-date information about college life and regulations affecting students. All students will be required to sign a form indicating that they have read and understood the contents of the handbook and that they agree to abide by its requirements.
Student handbook >> BISA_Student_Handbook_revised_09_2017.pdf
- Fees for 2018
Please take note of the following stipulations:
- Fees are generally payable in advance. Tuition fees are payable per semester and are due at the beginning of each semester. Written proof of any bursary or sponsorship assistance is required. Where such assistance is not forthcoming, students remain liable for their fees.
- Students have the option of paying 25% tuition at the beginning of the semester with the balance payable on or before the 31st May 2018.
- Students who reside on campus must pay at least an additional 25% of their annual accommodation fees with the balance payable on or before the 31st May 2018.
- Students who elect to pay 25% on registration (for either tuition or accommodation or both) must sign a letter of debt acknowledgement for the balance of fees which must be settled by the due dates above.
- Students who do not comply with these payment stipulations will not be allowed to register for the semester or commence their studies at the Bible Institute. Students who fail to settle their account in full by the due date will not be permitted to re-register for the following semester. Please note that these payment stipulations will be strictly enforced in 2018.
It would be wise to delay purchasing any textbooks until the commencement of your particular courses. The library will generally have copies of all the necessary textbooks for all the courses offered. Any textbooks that you may wish to purchase should be available from Christian Book Discounters (CBD) who have a satellite bookstore on the George Whitefield College campus in Muizenberg. When making a purchase from CBD, please inform them of your status as a Bible Institute student, as some of their stock attracts a discount for Bible college students.
- Internet Access
- Ministry Week and Ministry Trips
The dates for the compulsory Ministry Week are 18th – 23rd March 2018. The plan is to visit a variety of churches in the Cape Peninsula for ministry purposes. Please note that the Ministry Week is a compulsory activity.
- 2018 Timetable
You will be provided with a personalized timetable at registration. Please note that the timetable is subject to change.
We trust that you will make the most of your college experience by enjoying fellowship with your fellow students and taking part in as many campus activites as possible. Please remember that your walk with the Lord is the most important aspect of your life, both at the college and elsewhere and we pray that your attention to your spiritual life will not waver amidst the pressures of college life.
We look forward to having you at the Bible Institute and will be praying for you during your time with us and beyond.